In our inbox as of late, we’ve gotten to connect with a lot of designers through twitter or email, and realized there’s a lot of questions floating around about type design and using fonts.
- “How do I get started making my own fonts?”
- “Can I extend one of these fonts with extra characters?”
- “Can I use this in my commercial work?”
- “What’s the deal with all this licensing mumbo-jumbo?”
- “Any recommendations on what fonts go with what?”
How can I learn?
Well, we’ve got for you a new newsletter, not just to share updates, but to share empowerment, and give you the tools and techniques you need to really start kicking ass at using – and making – fonts. We’ll keep you updated about The League, too, of course, but our ambitions are far greater.
In the coming weeks, we’ll begin to:
- Teach you to use your fonts even better than you already do
- Teach you how to pair fonts, so your work will look fantastic
- Make recommendations on great new fonts you haven't seen
- Teach you how to start with type design, even if you’ve never touched it before
But wait, there's more!
On top of that, each Thursday morning, you'll wake up to The Weekly Typographic — a set of this week's most amazing articles surrounding the world of typography, keeping you up-to-date on the wonderful world of type.
Each week will be something new and fascinatingly nerdy; great interviews with design experts & type designers, tutorials on how to level up your skills as a designer, even sometimes a few of the fantastic fonts we've found around the web.
But don't just take our word for it.