There’s a gap between loving & really understanding typography.
In our inbox as of late, we've gotten to connect with a lot of designers through twitter or email, and realized thers a lot of questions floating around about type design and using fonts.
- “How do I get started making my own fonts?”
- “Can I extend one of these fonts with extra characters?”
- “Can I use this in my commercial work?”
- “Whas the deal with all this licensing mumbo-jumbo?”
- “Any recommendations on what fonts go with what?”
How can I learn?
Well, we've got for you a new newsletter, not just to share updates, but to share empowerment, and give you the tools and techniques you need to really start kicking ass at using – and making – fonts. We'll keep you updated about The League, too, of course, but our ambitions are far greater.
In the coming weeks, we'll begin to:
- Teach you to use your fonts even better than you already do
- Teach you how to pair fonts, so your work will look fantastic
- Make recommendations on great new fonts you haven't seen
- Teach you how to start with type design, even if yove never touched it before
But don't just take our word for it.